Thanks to a wonderful great-aunt Cynthia and great-uncle Steve, this is my home for the month of July! Isn't it beautiful?? I'm truly grateful for them, and they'll never know what it means to me!
It's official to say that I have completed one whole week of my summer ecology class. With chiggers, might I add from yesterday's lab! UGH! They just showed up today and they're all over my back. Oh, the joys of an outside class--definitely something that I've never experienced before. We took our first test today and I studied for pretty much 5 hours straight last night. It's all over now though and I can enjoy my weekend with no homework for a change! (Although our next one is Thursday ALREADY on chapters 7-11 and we haven't even received our first set of notes for it yet!)
This week has been absolutely great!!! I wish I could have taken more pictures to prove it, but Phillip was here and I didn't want to waste the time that we had together! He got into Oxford after my class was over on Tuesday and we enjoyed a lovely lunch together at Ajax. We ended up going around to a few places shopping-his idea! I'm going to stop my rant for just a minute and let you in on this vital piece of information from Phillip! He says, "Our child WILL have these!!"
We also decided on spending a night together inside the peaceful, little home! We made our way over to Wal-Mart to grab a few food items, and we spent the night in the kitchen cooking spaghetti, Megan and Phillip style! It was wonderful!! On Wednesday morning, I had to leave him there while I left for class and it made me sad! Lunch was let out at 11:50 and we didn't have to be back until 1 so I rushed back home to eat a quick lunch with him! I also found out that I had a paragraph due the next morning and I knew I couldn't get it done because I had to rush to get ready for Eric Church. He wrote it for me AND went to the Oxford City Library to type and print it for me. He truly is a blessing and I don't know what I would do without him!! After the lab was over at 4, I rushed home to jump in the shower and get ready for Eric Church! This is something Phillip and I have been looking forward to for a VERY long time, and he puts on a GREAT show! We'll definitely be seeing him again.. oh, and did I mention that we were the VERY FIRST ones in the door to receive our wristbands! We were hanging onto the rail practically touching him!! It was a night I'll never forget! I'm so thankful to have a wonderful guy who enjoys things like that with me.
Thursday morning, Phillip left me when I left for class. The waterworks always come when he leaves. It's just something about good-byes that I'll never enjoy. Lucky for me, the day was going to be a long one. It was lab day again so we didn't get out until 4 and then I had a night of studying to do.
That pretty much brings me to where I am now. Took the test this morning, and I'm home for the weekend. Johnna was going to Miss Mississippi and Anna Kate was going to New Orleans for a friend's birthday, so I decided to come home for a haircut. This will also give me another opportunity to watch my brother again before summer ball ends. 3 weeks left in my summer class, and then I'll enjoy 23 days of August with no school to prepare myself for the coming year. I can do this!
love that outfit guh!
ReplyDelete