Opening weekend at FedEx Park was amazing! The guys came out with their first sweep of the season against Evansville and Phillip was batting .667 with 5 RBIs, a triple, and like 3 doubles before the weekend ended. He had a great opening weekend to say the least. My parents, brother, grandmother, Uncle Cliff & Abby, Jay, Julie, Corbin, and Aidan, along with Phillip's best friend Adam and his wife Lindsey, and his parents all were there to enjoy the first last weekend ever! I can't believe it's his senior year already. Saturday after the game, the school hosted a wonderful steak dinner/first pitch banquet for the team, parents, coaches, and whoever wanted to participate. We all loved it! I also got to give Phillip his Valentine's box of goodies. He loved his hat, cologne, and new book to stick his nose into.
Last Tuesday, they came to my stomping grounds in Oxford, but unfortunately lost the game 4-2. They were away this weekend in Kennessaw, GA and took 2 out of the 3 games from them. It's great to be a Tiger and they've started off the season right!!
I've now taken a test in every single class, and only have 1 left before spring break. My grades are so-so.. I'm a little disappointed in some of them, but I'm honestly just ready to get out of here. I wish I had an easy major like some of the people at this college. But that's a whole other topic for another day! I'm just going to enjoy my last semester at this place, and try to make the best grades that I can. I found out yesterday that I will be observing at South Panola High School, and I'm making my first official visit to meet the teacher on Thursday. In a perfect world, I will also be able to go back on Friday to get a few more hours in. And then it's off to Memphis once again for a weekend full of baseball!!!!!
I hope I haven't made you too bored.. It's just hard finding time to write short posts about my week. So, I'll just continue posting when I'm able. Hope you have a great week!! Tomorrow is Hump Day!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment