Sunday, April 15, 2012

The BIG move

The date has been set for May 5th! We are officially moving to Memphis, TN (or Southaven, MS but it's close enough, right?) We have prayed and talked about this day for a while and we feel like we are making a very wise decision. Phillip has filled out several applications as well as I have! I hope to be teaching in the Desoto County School district and my precious husband will be doing some type of accounting work.

This past weekend, we made the trip to Memphis to work everything out. We both had interviews on Friday, and on Saturday we signed the lease for our very first place to stay in Southaven. We will be living at the Civic Center Apartments, and we are very excited about it! We ended up renting a two bedroom, 2 bathroom, so if you ever need a place to stay, just come see us! The price was in our range, and we were able to sign a 6 month lease with no additional charge. We hope to start house hunting when both of us are employed. We still have to scope out all of the good areas, and there is a lot of looking involved when dealing with the "perfect house" for us! We are excited about big city living, but there are so many things we will miss about the great town of Booneville. Small isn't always bad, but we realize more opportunity awaits us! Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we both find a place of employment!!

It's a mere 3 weeks away until we move and we've already started doing away with many things that we don't particularly need. I've got 3 weeks left in my student teaching experience, and I've got 4 weeks until graduation. On the 28th of April I will be taking the Praxis II, and that's really the last step until I have my own classroom. God is so good and we are still so blessed!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. When yall start house hunting, you and Phillip should check out my dad's neighborhood! (it's in Olive Branch) Everyone is very friendly and it's a good place to live! If you're interested, I can give you directions when yall get ready to look! Just thought I'd throw that out there!! :)

    ReplyDelete