Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer has WINGS

Has anyone else noticed how quickly summer has decided to fly by? It seems like just yesterday I was graduating from Ole Miss and that will be two months ago tomorrow! UGH! It's just simply flying.. and I'm not sure that I'm excited about it ending.

I am, however, so ready to meet my sweet students and co-workers at Center Hill High School. I know that this year is going to be a great one.

So what has been going on in Southaven, you ask? Phillip and I are really just enjoying all of this time that we are able to spend together. He works from 8 to 5, we meet each other at the gym and workout, and then we come back and eat the supper that I have prepared. Sometimes we go get ice cream (shh!) and sometimes we just curl up on the couch and watch whatever we feel like! And then around 8:30ish we walk puppy around the apartment complex. Believe me, he knows when it's time and he barks until we get up to walk him. It's a pretty good and simple life and like I tell PC often, "we're going to miss all of this someday!"

We do have a few fun things planned for the upcoming weeks. Next Friday, PC gets off at 12 so we are heading to St. Louis to watch the Cardinals and Cubs play. PC booked us a hotel downtown and we are going to enjoy our first trip by ourselves to an unfamiliar town! I'm excited about finding things to do and finding our way around the city! We are going to watch Friday and Saturday night's game and then come back home on Sunday!

Monday morning, I've got new teacher training at Center Hill High School and PC leaves that day for San Diego on business. As soon as my training is over, I'm going to head to Booneville to see my sweet parents and brother. (Can't wait to see them again!) I plan on staying there until late Wednesday night because early Thursday morning I've got training again at Center Hill. On Friday night, PC comes back home to me.. and on Tuesday morning I've got the last round of orientation at Horn Lake HS.

And on Wednesday ... (are you ready?)... I start school! AHHH! And the kids will come the next Monday! Can't believe I've got the month of July booked until school starts! But life is good and I'm so thankful to have a job!!!!

I hope the rest of you have a blessed end of summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment