
Phillip's precious Aunt Jennifer came through again, like she has many times before. She contacted me about a week before our school's spring break and asked if a spring break trip would be in my near future. I told her I thought I could squeeze in a little time, so as always, she got right on her computer and booked a flight! I already had a yearly check-up scheduled for Tuesday in Memphis with my mother, so we decided flying out on Tuesday would be perfect because my mom could just drop me off at the Memphis airport afterwards. We could also save a little money that way because we wouldn't have to pay to leave our car in the airport parking lot. It all worked itself out perfectly!! The connecting flights were great, and I arrived in Fort Myers around 7:45! I wish I could carry around a personal photographer at all times because I know the looks on our faces were to die for. It had only been a mere 3 weeks since I had seen him, but the weeks seem to drag on without him!
Needless to say, my trip had obviously started off too perfect because...
I ended up with someone's else luggage. Yes, you heard that right. Their luggage. And Phillip discovered it first. I was in the bathroom, and he called out to me, "Umm... Meg!" And I replied, "Yes babe?!" He said, "You've got someone else's luggage." And my heart sunk into my chest. Ugh. Here we go again. Last year I left my makeup (which wasn't so bad) and this year I take someone's elses clothes and they have mine. What could possibly next?? I had decided I would only take a carry on and I would pack all of my clothes inside the small suitcase instead of checking it and having to pay $25! So, obviously my red carry-on bag looked just like his and we each grabbed each others! Phillip was helpful, though, and we had it all taken care of by Wednesday. The guy brought it back around lunch time and I went back to the airport to pick it up.
I was actually able to make it to one of the games on Wednesday since I got my clothes before one o'clock. Every single day in Fort Myers was absolutely perfect. We never had a single drop of rain, and the sunshine along with the breeze made my spring break weather GREAT!! Phillip had to go to the field every morning at 7, so I took him with the rental car and went back to the hotel and slept until around 9. At that point, I would get up and get ready for the day whether I was going to the pool or going to the field to watch baseball. Luckily, some of the days were away games and Phillip only had to stay and do rehab and then he would be done for the day and I could pick him back up.
Tuesday night we ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise! It was a late meal and I had just gotten off the plane!
Wednesday night we had a delicious Bahama Breeze meal and a super nice waiter who we loved so much!!
Thursday night we had a yummy meal at Nervous Nellie's on the water. We also went to the beach this day and walked around the beach shops.





Friday night we ate at Joe's Crab Shack!
Saturday night we ate at Big Al's Sports Bar and Grill. It was also St. Patrick's Day so we also tried the green beer!

When I say we had absolutely delicious meals, I MEAN IT! It was all wonderful!!!!! I appreciate Phillip making my trip down there so lovely.. he knows how to spoil me for sure! :) Did I also mention that he added a Pandora charm to my bracelet?? It's a beautiful silver charm of luggage... hence the losing of my own luggage! Oh, we are steadily making memories!!!

I also got to meet Darryl Worley on Wednesday at Cheeseburger in Paradise. He came and performed a free concert at lunch time for the radio station in Fort Myers, and I went alone. Phillip had rehab that day, but I knew I couldn't be there while he was rehabbing anyway!


Like I said before though, I wish I had a personal photographer! It's so hard to take pictures of us by ourselves and we hate asking people. I will get better about it, I promise! For this trip, however, the pictures I took on my iPhone is all that I have! I would have rather spent quality time with him than snapping pictures left and right! I can't wait to see that boy again!!!! He's got my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom and Dad picked me up from the airport on Sunday and this little guy was with them! We miss you, Phillip and can't wait to see you again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment