I'm on the countdown to my Ole Miss graduation on May 12! I think we're down to thirty-something days, and I couldn't be any happier than I am right now. It's passing quickly, and I can tell that I've already grown as a teacher. I'm seeing what doesn't and does work well in the classroom and I'm also learning how to reach all types of learners, which is extremely difficult.
I've turned in my largest assignment of the semester, the 10-day unit plan, and I'm waiting for my sweet University supervisor to look over all that I have plannned for my kiddos. I've been blessed with a super sweet clinical instructor (the high school teacher I'm under), and I've also been blessed with a precious lady (university supervisor) who monitors my progress. She will come twice during my 10-day unit to observe my teaching, and that's really what my grade will be based on.
My nerves had subsided, and I'm finally settling in to a new classroom full of new students. It's definitely intimidating to be 22 in a class full of 14-18 year olds, but I'm learning as I go. I feel like I can at least relate with them in issues of today.. However, I'm learning that I don't relate to their music.. must not be as hip as I used to be! :) I do wish that Phillip could have been here everyday since the day I started so I could have a picture of some of the outfits I have chosen. I've actually not worn the same thing twice since January 23rd.. Phillip would say I have too many clothes, but I've really used some of the same pieces and just changed them up a little!
On the bright side, my last day in the classroom is May 4th and I know the students genuinely mean what they say when they tell me they'll miss me! I just hope that in one way or another I've left some kind of impression, hopefully a positive one that they will never forget. I don't want to be the student teachers that I used to have that I barely even remember.
Next step: completing applications, giving my resume out, and getting called back for interviews! After that, real world begins and I get a big girl job! Please keep me in your prayers as I follow through with this semi-stressful time in my life. I also take the PLT and Praxis II in Biology on April 28th, so please keep me in your thoughts then as well! I really need to pass these tests the first time! They aren't cheap, and I also would HATE to have to retake them!
I'll continue (or try!) to keep you updated on how the remainder of my semester goes. Hopefully, my supervisor will LOVE my unit plan!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment