Monday, May 21, 2012

OLE MISS Alumni

On Saturday, May 12, 2012, I graduated with the University of Mississippi with a B.A. in Biology Education and a Cum Laude graduate. It was an actual pleasant feeling day, overcast, but definitely not hot. Phillip of all people was thankful for that since the whole graduation ceremony took place in the grove. Out of all 400 or so education major graduates, two of us were going to be biology teachers. As insane as that is to think about, I'm thankful for the friend I made in Whitney. She's going to be teaching in the Tupelo school district, but I know I will be able to count on her for so much during my first year of teaching, even if it's just a shoulder to cry on or ears to listen to me whine when Phillip doesn't want to :). Not only did I make a friend in her, but everyone of the secondary education majors as well. We would meet one day out of every month for "method" days to discuss our student teaching experience, graduation requirements, certification requirements, etc., and I'm really going to miss these days when school begins in August. I've been so grateful for the education I received the past two years at Ole Miss. I received the Critical Needs scholarship which paid every bit of my school and I wasn't out a dime. It even covered my apartment which helped so much. I truly believe that I received the best education that I possibly could have, and I'm thankful that I chose Ole Miss for my bachelor's degree even if my whole family are MS State fans. I can't believe my four years of college passed by so quickly. I enjoyed every single minute of my time at Northeast and didn't think I was ready to move on from there. However, I sucked it up and moved from Booneville to Oxford. After my year in Oxford was complete, I married Phillip and we moved back to Booneville. I finished up the remainder of my senior year student teaching in Booneville, and finally finished my bachelor's degree. Just when I thought I wasn't ready to leave NE, I adapted to Ole Miss, and didn't really want to leave college. However, now the time has come to pack it all up and begin my teaching career. Will I be ready to teach those 25 kids when they're looking me in the face in August? You bet! I'm so excited about the chapter I'm beginning in my life and I'm thankful that Center Hill believes in me enough to give me a starting position in their school. I know the first year is the hardest and whether I'm prepared for it or not, I'm going to give it all I've got with 100% of my being. I hope to be just like all of the teachers that I loved so dearly in the past.
Now that I've been given a job, I'm going to soak up my summer by the pool! I may be studying A&P and a little bit of biology, but I'm going to enjoy the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment