Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trying Not to Procrastinate.. that's totally not my style!

Okay, so if you know me at all, then you know I'm not a procrastinator. My friends all laugh at me because if an assignment is due on Sunday, I've already finished it on the previous Monday. Hilarious, I know! But I like to get things done. My brother on the other hand is totally the complete opposite. If an assigment is due on Sunday night at midnight, he's finishing up the last few bits at 11:59. It kills me! Just like all of this wedding planning. I would love to just sit down one day and get it completely done, but it's not going to be like that. So.. I'm trying to be patient. I've already told my mom and Phillip that I was praying for patience. It's so silly, but that's just my crazy personality.

However, we have picked a date (that may be subject to change.. is that possible in a wedding??) Oh well! We're looking at June 11, 2011. It's on a Saturday.. and the time will be 5:00. Our anniversary now is June 1st, and I'm not really wanting to stray away from June. So last night I got out my calendar and starting looking at Saturdays in June, and the only one that had any meaning to us is the 11th. Why you ask? Because Phillip's baseball number is 11. Yes, we're weird like that too! Also, it's the beginning of June and with an outside wedding we're hoping it won't be as hot. I've pretty much decided that turquoise is going to be the color of my bridesmaid's dresses. I absolutely love turquoise in the summer. Beautiful! Just like all of my bridesmaids.

We've picked out a place in Tupelo where we are going to get married and have the reception. We're all in love with it, and it's very reasonable in price. It's called Mount Vernon Place (http://www.billiescatering.net/) and the lady who owns it does everything for you. Flowers, catering, tents, chairs, etc. So that makes us happy! During Spring Break Phillip's mom is going to come to Booneville so we can go look at dresses and this gorgeous place.
I've also looked at a few bridesmaid's dresses, and with the help of Johnna, this has been our favorite so far!! We're in love. It would be so classy with pearls! I would love to hear your opinions! But people keep asking so much how my planning is coming along, and I hate to lie.. but until now, it really hasn't been coming along. Hence the whole idea behind this blog.

3 comments: