So like I said earlier, Phillip and the Tigers have been in Dallas since Thursday night. Yesterday, they played one game, which he started, and they unfortunately lost pretty big. Today, however, he started again so I had to listen.
They had a pretty big lead over Dallas Baptist the whole game.. like um, 8-6 going into the bottom of the 8th. They came back and tied it up!! UGHHH!!! I hate those kind of games, but something inside of me also loves them. Especially if we come back and win. Must be the competitive side of me. Anyways, top of the 9th rolls around and the lead off man gets on base. Next guy up bunts him to second and gets out at first. The third guy grounded out to first but the runner on second advances to third. And now.. with 2 OUTS and a guy on third (like always) Phillip is up to bat!! UGHHHH! My baby becomes the HERO! He gets a basehit all the way to the right field wall, and gets an RBI double!! THE SCORE NOW IS 9-8 and I'm freaking out as you can imagine!!!!!
Luckily, in the bottom of the 9th they get 3 outs and the ballgame ends! I couldn't be more proud of my sweet boy!! He definitely needed that boost! And if I'm guessing correctly, he probably won't start next game. That boy needs a break!!! Nonetheless, I love him and his abilities to play baseball! He's my hero!
No comments:
Post a Comment