Friday, February 11, 2011

My Valentine & 4 Months Away!

Happy 4 months until our wedding! We can't believe it's this close! I called Phillip this morning and told him he had four months left until he's my leech forever. And I ended it with, "Oh.. I meant four months left until I've got you on a leash!!" He was not so happy with this statement and ended it with some unpleasant words! We had a few great laughs to start out our morning.

I think today is finally a good day to tell you about my special Valentine's gift from Phillip. When we started talking about it at the beginning of this month, he asked what we were going to spend on each other. I told him to please not ask that question because if he only spent one dollar on a card then I wanted that to be special and not to think about the dollar amount. He could have written a poem for me and stuck it inside a box of chocolates that he paid $0.50 for and I would have been perfectly happy. To me, when you say, "Here! I spent $40 on this gift" and the gift has no meaning to me whatsoever, then it's pointless. I wanted this Valentine's Day to be special. Simply because it's our last one unmarried.

Phillip had wayyyy more special plans than I even imagined. Since I won't be seeing him this Valentine's Day, he went ahead and gave me my gift last Saturday. He had been at practice all day long and I was so ready for him to get home. I kept calling to hopefully speed up the process but he ended up still not getting back until around 4:30. When he came up the stairs, he peeked his head into the room and said, can I please go ahead and give you your Valentine's day present? I wasn't too thrilled since none of his gifts had come in yet, but I agreed anyway. He first brought him a GiGi's cupcake (my FAVORITE) followed by a cute sack all covered in red hearts. I read the precious card first, cried my eyes out, and hugged him for proably 10 minutes before I even opened the package. I tore through the paper and pulled out a beautiful pair of Steve Madden royal blue peep-toe pumps!!! TALK ABOUT EXCITED!!! He knew I had been looking for that special pair for our wedding, and when he saw them, he said he had to purchase them.

I'm going to save them until that day (although it's going to be so freaking hard) but on that day, I'll walk the door in these babies! And days after that-- I'll continue to wear them! They're way too hott to put away! And it makes it even more precious that he bought them for me! It was a special gift to say the least! He did an amazing job!



1 comment: