Thursday, February 10, 2011

SAVED BY THE SNOW

Wow, it's been such a crazy crazy winter! I've never seen this much snow in my whole life! Of couse it would be normal if I lived in the Northern part of the US, but I live in Mississippi!! I thought I was ready for spring until this snow came into town yesterday about 12:30. We knew Tuesday night that we would be getting a big snow on Wednesday, but it wasn't supposed to hit until 11 so we figured classes would meet like they were supposed to. However, they knew people wouldn't be able to get home so they closed the campus at noon yesterday. I was sitting in Comparative Anatomy lab looking at different skeletal parts of different organisms. We had already taken a quiz, which most everybody had failed, and we were all patiently awaiting the snow. Our lab teacher came back in the room and said that our quiz would be dropped because none of the other labs would have the opportunity to take it, and I seriously think we all screamed with joy!!!!!!

The snow began to fall and fall quickly might I add. By 7 o'clock last night we had at least 4-5 inches,and we knew the roads were dangerous. We stayed in and watch about 3 different basketball games, and at 10:30 we got the RebAlert saying that school for today was cancelled as well. AHHHH!!! Another quiz that I would be able to get away from!! (I had a comparative anatomy quiz at 11 today!) Like I said before, I was completely saved by the snow that I wasn't wanting to come in the first place. It was a GREAT day!!!

It does kind of stink to be snowed in alone, but I'll survive. My parents were at home cooking a delicious meal, and Phillip was at his apartment with all of his friends. I was a little sad that he wasn't here to spend the snow day with me, but in 4 months we'll be spending every waking hour together!! Hopefully, there will be lots of times when we can be snowed in together! :)

I'm currently washing clothes, cleaning my room, and finishing homework for the rest of the week. This is my weekly schedule:
Monday- EDCI 353 Test
Tuesday- Physiology quiz, Physiology Abstract due, Comparative Anatomy quiz
Wednesday- Comparative Anatomy lab quiz, Nutrition test
Friday- head to Memphis for the 1st weekend of TIGER BASEBALL! Life is finally good!:)

I'm heading to Clinton this Saturday to spend time with my awesome mother in law! My sister in law, Megan, has a baby shower on Sunday that we will be attending, and I can't wait to see all of the wonderful gifts that she gets. It's going to be good to get out of this town for a little fun weekend. I promise to take lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment