Today is the day where I can finally talk about everything that I've hinted around at on my blog for the past year. Not many people knew that Phillip could possibly get drafted, but the time has come and he did. On Tuesday, rounds 2-25 or so were selected and Phillip didn't get a call. He was bummed to say the least and got discouraged that he wouldn't get the call. To backtrack a little, he's had knee trouble and today was also the day for the MRI and doctor's appointment. He arrived at the doctor around 8 and although they said nothing was torn, they ordered an MRI to be sure. In the meantime, the Twins scout had called to tell Phillip that they had planned on taking him yesterday but decided on a few extra pitchers instead. He also told him that he was on the board to take in the few early rounds today and to be watching. Phillip was honest with the man and told him that he was actually sitting in the doctor's office waiting for an MRI. Phillip said it kind of took the man back for a minute and he told Phillip to try to find out the results before the draft started at eleven. He called me around 10:30 to say that absolutely nothing was wrong with his knee.. he just needs a little bit of rest and more than likely he'll be in a little bit of pain the rest of his life. He's a catcher for goodness sakes! While all of this was going on the Marlins also called to tell him that he may go to them and to be watching. Anyways, he went home to watch the draft about 11 and called about 11:45 to scream in my ear that he had been drafted by the twins in the 35th round!!!
We've had so many sweet people calling to congratulate us both and we're just beside ourselves. The scout is calling back tonight to give Phillip more details but until then we're just kind of sitting around waiting. And we do get to go on a honeymoon!! So that was a HUGE blessing. I know you're probably asking what my plans are for this next year. I'm going to finish my senior year of school at the Ole Miss Tupelo campus and I'll practice teach around here. I plan on living at home with Mama and Dad and that will knock out a lot of the bills that we have to pay.
I've got to get my Twins gear ready to wear now! Oh, and I'm going to be the biggest Twins fan ever!! As soon as I checked Facebook today, Courtney had posted this in a message. Precious huh?? Even Victoria's Secret are Twins fans!! :)

Now we have to get through a wedding! We're ready to be married!!
soo exciting! yall are just too precious! i know your wedding is going to be amazing! wish i could make it! :( you are gonna look so beautiful i just know it!!
ReplyDelete