Wow! I can't believe it's been as long as it has since I first posted what the invitations looked like to the January couples shower. Phillip's aunts have had this planned for sometime now, and we're excited that tomorrow is the big day!
His precious cousin Amy and her husband Jay have gladly agreed to have the party at their house-- bless them!! Who knows how many people are going to show up! It was very nice of them to say yes.
They sent out around 60 invitations, mostly to people that graduated with Phillip, some of their parents, friends of the family, and several of my family members. My parents and brother and I along with my grandparents are leaving in the morning around 9 o'clock. Phillip and I are meeting Robert and Megan (brother and sister-in-law) for lunch when we get into to town to swap our Christmas gifs. Yes, I know that's horrible but it's all the time we have to get together before Phillip leaves on Sunday to go back to Memphis. We can only hope it will get easier in the future, especially when the baby gets here.
Anyways, we're so excited about seeing everyone from his high school and everyone else who shows up! Can't wait for pictures, awesome gifts, and yummy food from Amerigo's in Jackson. I'm also a little bit excited about staying in a hotel room-- even if it is in Jackson, MS! It will all be beyond perfect. I've also got some great hostess gifts picked out for all the sweet ladies who have planned this shower! Thanks to Jennifer, Candy, Susan, Amy, Leah, and Megan for all of your hardwork that went into planning this gathering. You'll never know what you all mean to us!!
Pray for safe travels for my family, and also safe travels on Sunday. We hope the snow can hold off until we can leave early Sunday morning. LOTS of pictures to come-- be prepared!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment