Time is such a thief. I swear. You seem like you have so much time to do whatever it is you need and boom- just like that you've quickly run out of time. I thought it would feel like a century before I went back to school, but it came and went quicker than I had originally hoped. Don't get me wrong, it was WONDERFUL being off from December 10th until January 22nd, but I was not ready to leave my sweet family yesterday afternoon.
On Friday night, I cried my eyes out. Cried myself to sleep. I just layed on my bed and simply thought about all of the reasons why I did not want to come back to this place. I told myself I was going to be strong on Saturday when I pulled out of the driveway, but that was far from what happeend. As soon as I walked into the kitchen to tell Mother bye, I fell into her arms and started sobbing. I had already written my sweet brother and told him bye and that I loved him, and he had written back the most precious text ever. I made Mama cry, and then we continued to cry in unison. It was pitiful and I know I looked as awful as I felt. There were just so many things that I wasn't ready to give up. Mama's cooking, spending time with my family, watching TV and having all of us together, and shopping with Mama are just a few of them. I'm sure I wouldn't feel this way if I had come straight as a freshman because I would be used to it by now, but it just seems to get harder and harder. Mama told me yesterday that anybody who says it gets easier when your kids get older completely lied. And she's right. We love our time together!!
Needless to say, I obviously was worst than I thought because last night she decided to come and stay with me in Oxford so that we could have one last night out. She was planning on coming anyway today to bring the rest of my stuff, but she came early instead and I wasn't complaining. We enjoyed a great meal at Kabuki and went to see "No Strings Attached" at the theater. She just pulled out of my apartment and neither one of us shed a tear. She was right when she said another night together would do us both good.
Things are going to be a little easier this semester than in the fall. Baseball starts in about 25 days and I can't wait!!! I'm ready to get on a schedule, but I'm going to miss being lazy. Studying starts back in full swing, along with my education classes, and observing at whatever school they pick for me. I hope to also stay busy with the rest of the wedding planning. I will go home on some weekends, but most of the time I will be in Memphis at games. I plan on catching several of my brother's games as well. It's hard to be away from Phillip and my parents even if it's only an hour and a half. I guess I've got a lot of growing up to do since in five months I'll be married and living away from them! But that comes with time. I plan on having a good semester and trying not to stress, as least as possible. It isn't worth it!
All of things are now settled in my apartment and I'm sitting in the den on the laptop. I can't wait to watch the Steelers play tonight, and just enjoy hanging around in my pajamas. It's going to be a great day! I've got a lot on the agenda tomorrow- passport, books, and pay rent for next month!
No comments:
Post a Comment