This past weekend was baseball senior night and we swept Leland both games to get past the first round of playoffs! It was an exciting time - full of tears and happiness!
On Monday, Phillip surprised me which was WONDERFUL! But I promise not to talk about that anymore since I already have a post about it.. just trying to go through the week and remember everything!
Tuesday morning I babysat my sweet Duke boys and that night Dr. Allen (NEMCC president) had a cookout at his house for the SGA and Phi Theta Kappa officers! It was fun to hang out with everybody that I've enjoyed being with for the past 2 years. That may be the last time that I see some of them!
Thursday morning, I took my first final and then went over to the high school for Drew's athletic banquet which we always enjoy attending! Since baseball wasn't over yet, they didn't give out awards for it.. but he got a ton of awards for football! One of the greatest was being voted permanent team captain by his team (3 of them with Coach Drewry in the picture below.. Bo Brown, Jeiron Jones, and Drew)! He's had such a wonderful 4 years of high school, and we're all so proud of him! Last night, the SGA hosted Fuel for Finals in the Union (breakfast food) and it was bittersweet for me! It was pretty much my last official duty as SGA Vice President, and I'm truly going to miss everybody at Northeast!
Today was another sad but fun day! I took my art appreciation final at 9 and went over to Drew's senior follies at the high school! It was the first time they have had a chance to go through it since softball and baseball are still playing, but they did an excellent job! This afternoon, I had my LAST final at Northeast ever and I can't believe it! It started at one and I was out of there at 1:30! I don't know what was going on in my head, but something inside of me just wanted to take my time and sit in that room until the very last minute! I can't believe I'm officially finished at that place. I never thought this day would come! I'm excited to move on in a nervous/anxious/scared kind of way. Tonight, Booneville started second round of the playoffs with Mooreville (whom we HATE playing with a passion) and unexpectedly, we TEN RUN RULED THEM! That's right.. the final score was 14-4! We didn't know what was going on, but we were so proud of our Devils! Each person on that team gave everything they had and they left it all on the field!
Tomorrow, Booneville plays at Mooreville for Game 2 and I hope we can come out with a win to end the three game series!! However, if we do fall short tomorrow, Monday night we get to play at home so that's a PLUS! I, however, will be heading to Memphis tomorrow! I chose Drew's game tonight over Phillip's (which was a great idea) but tomorrow I've got to do the opposite. Memphis won tonight as well (9-2) and I'm hoping tomorrow we can take the series from UAB! I'll be with the Devils in spirit for sure!
Sunday, of course, is Mother's Day and Drew's graduation ceremony at church so I can't miss either one of those! I've got the greatest mother in the whole wide world! God has truly blessed me with a wonderful family!!!
I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend full of family time and lots of love!!
No comments:
Post a Comment