Friday, May 14, 2010

Oh me, Oh my!

Gosh where does time go? I can't believe tonight is graduation for my sweet baby brother! It seems like just yesterday we were running around the yard, playing outside, and traveling for baseball every single weekend. I still think of him as the cute curly headed boy popping my Barbie dolls heads off and turning the lights out on me while I'm in the bathtub! I know I shouldn't be sad about tonight and I should be happy, but it's truly a bittersweet feeling. It won't be the same going to a Booneville baseball or football game without Drew being on the team. I truly loved watching him throughout my whole high school. With us only being 2 years apart, we were able to always remain close! He will always be my very best friend! I can't help but think of the Kenny Chesney song "Don't Blink" because it's all so true. Before you know it, you are grown up, graduated, married, and having kids!

I say all of that to say, tonight I will watch Drew walk down the aisle of the Booneville High School gymnasium for the last time! We are so proud of Drew for all that he has accomplished! He graduates as a Hall of Fame and a honor of distinction graduate for having a 4.0 all throughout high school! Drew, although it seems like you've come to the end of a very long road, you've really only just begun! These will be some of the best times of you life, and you will meet some wonderful people along the way! I pray that you stay close to all your friends, remain even closer with God, and know that your family loves you more than life itself and we will always be here for you! The choices that you make tomorrow will follow you throughout your future, but I know that you will make the best possible decisions. You have matured into a handsome, intelligent, and kind young man! Not only that, but you are such a role model to all young boys and love the Lord with all that you have! You will always be my little Drew boy!!!! Congratulations and Happy Graduation Day! I LOVE you!! Go out and change the world!






"I hope your dreams take you to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known."

1 comment: