A status on facebook yesterday reminded me of why I love summer so much! It said, "When life gives you LIMES, rearrange the letters until they say SMILE!" Isn't that precious? I can't say enough how excited I am that it is summer! I've already had my share of laying out and floating in the pool! Johnna and I have been very busy working on our early summer tan! Of course, it will only get better when I go to the beach! On Wednesday morning, Johnna and I got up fairly early and decided to head to Piney Grove Beach. We packed us a cooler full of drinks, stopped by Subway to pick up sandwiches, and we were on our way! Neither one of us had been to this beach in about 3 years so we weren't sure what we were getting ourselves into, but we had a really great time! Luckily, we were there early enough to set our little beach chairs in the edge of the water and enjoy the sunshine! We stayed ALL day, and I loved it! About 3 o'clock we headed home to take showers and get ready for the long night ahead. Sara Beth, Angileah, Johnna, Skyylar, and me pulled out of Booneville about 7 to go to Tupelo hospital to see one of our very good friends. She has double pneumonia, her kidneys aren't doing what they're supposed to, she's on oxygen, and they say she's had loopus for over 8 months. She's been in there for over a week now, and she really needed us there for some good cheering up! We talked and laughed with her for over an hour, and we were so happy that to see her pretty smile. Please keep her in your prayers.. we're hoping she'll be out of there any day now! We love you, sweet Chrisa!!! GET WELL SOON! After we left the hospital we enjoyed a meal at Las Margaritas and headed over to the midnight premier of Sex and the City 2!! There weren't as many people there as we had expected, but they were mostly girls of course! Johnna and Skyylar said they didn't like it as much as the first (oops.. I never saw the first one!) but it was a great way to get us all together, and I enjoyed seeing everybody!
Phillip has been in Houston all week for the Conference Tournament and today ends their season! Sadly, they lost their first two games and they're in the process of playing the 3rd one now. I'm so ready for Phillip to be back to Booneville! Have I ever said how much I love Carrie Foley? She's one of the most precious people I've ever met, and I'm so sorry that we weren't friends until now. There's another treasure that I left Northeast with. I met her today at Drew's house to give her my Chemistry stuff, and she gave me a gift! A GIFT!? Just for giving her stuff that I was keeping anyway! I hope we can continue to hang out at Ole Miss. Tomorrow night, Drew plays in the NEMCABB game in Corinth. It's such an honor to be asked, and we're excited to watch a game that isn't about truly winning and full of stress.
Monday, Phillip and I are leaving Booneville to drive to Clinton to meet his family. On Tuesday, we're all leaving for Watercolor and we're beyond excited!! We'll be there until Saturday and my week is sure to be filled with no cell phone, no blogging, no Facebook.. nothing but sunshine and my sweet Phillip! Tuesday is also our 2 year anniversary and I can't believe how fast it has all flown by. I've enjoyed every minute of it, and our years together really haven't even begun. I just glanced at the wedding ticker at the top of the page and we've got 1 year and 2 weeks until the wedding! Oh, how fast that time is going to fly by! I've got him a surprise gift for our 2 year and I know he's going to love it. I'll let you know how all of that goes when I get back from Watercolor!
I hope you have a beautiful Memorial Day Weekend with lots of family time and love!
i miss you!!! lets get together soon!!! i need a smile!!!
ReplyDeleteIt was good to see you at the midnight movies! Can't wait for Oxford! :)
ReplyDelete