Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekends of Blessings!

Whew! I don't even know where to begin after my last post! It's been the greatest weekend ever!! Now I've got to tell you all of the reasons why, and how exhausted I am!

Friday night, the Blue Devil baseball team played Game 1 against Mooreville for Round 2 of the playoffs! No offense to Mooreville people in general, but there is just something about Mooreville that Booneville HATES. I would dare say it's probably one of the longest lasting rivalries in our school, next to Baldwyn. And if I had the option to save a Mooreville or Baldwyn person, I might choose Baldwyn and that's saying A LOT! Okay, that was harsh but you get the picture! I know you have a rivalry like that in your school as well! Anyways, the game went picture perfect and so not how we imagined it would! Coach Berryman is retiring this year, and we knew the Troopers wouldn't go out without a bang! But they did. We won 14-4! We ten run ruled them in the 5th inning!!! The craziest thing ever!!

On Saturday, I had already told Phillip that I would be coming to his game since I missed his Friday night game. I left about eleven and got to the field about 1! The senior activities started about 1:45 and the first pitch was thrown at 2! Sadly, the Tigers lost, but I was glad to see Phillip! Mama kept texting me with updates about Drew's game and most of them were exciting! The first call I received from her she said, "you aren't going to believe this!" and I said, "Drew just hit a homerun didn't he?" and she said, "YES! AND A 3-RUN HOMERUN AT THAT!!!" I was screaming so loud at Phillip's game! I guess the Troopers just eventually threw their hats in because we ended up winning the game 11-3! I couldn't believe it! Drew even got an interview after the game and WTVA showed his homerun on the news (see video below)!Phillip's game ended about 5:30 and I knew I should rush back to Senior Follies to watch Drew be silly for the last time! I got there about 7:10 and the only thing I had missed was them walking out, so that made me happy!



Today was definitely an emotional day for Mama! It was Mother's Day and on top of that, my brother had his senior service at church! She tears up even when other people graduate, so I knew she would be upset to see her last child leaving high school. However, I want to say Happy Mother's Day first of all to her! And secondly, thank you for sacrificing every minute of your everyday to make us happy! I know sometimes you may not think we are appreciative or realize what all you do, but we do! You're absolutely the greatest Mom in the whole wide world! God has blessed us both with the most tender-hearted, beautiful, best friend, woman in the world!! If I'm anything at all like her when I grow up, I'll suceed in life. They say the greatest reward ever is being a Mom, and I hope to have her some wonderful grandchildren so she can spoil the heck out of them and not have to worry about all of the hard stuff that the parents get to deal with! We love you, Mama!!! Thanks for everything!!


I say all of that to say, I'M EXHAUSTED!!!!! It seems like I've been going nonstop now for weeks on end, and it's not going to stop anytime soon! Tomorrow, Phillip and I are going to the Memphis Zoo! That's somewhere he has never been, and I can't wait to show him all about it! I'll be in Memphis Tuesday and Wednesday because the Tigers play at home, but I'll be back that night! I've got to start getting ready for 3rd round (North Half) of the playoffs and Drew's graduation Friday night!!! I hope we beat Water Valley and make it to STATE! That hasn't happened to a Booneville baseball team in at least ten years!

No comments:

Post a Comment