I guess Hollywood has us all believing that we are invincible. Maybe we watch too many Superman movies. I'm not quite sure what it is.
When Juan (a young man at Northeast) died about three weeks ago in a car wreck, it hit everybody as a shocker. You just don't think something like that could happen to a man with a wife and kids, but it does. Every single day. Even to people that we don't even know. Last night, Tyler Sloan (another young guy at Northeast) died in another car wreck. And the pain hit everybody all over again. He hasn't even had a chance to start his life yet nor did he even know who he was going to marry. LIFE IS FRAGILE. And as I lay in bed last night trying to go to sleep, I caught myself picturing all of life's horrible moments. I found myself sleepless for hours. I don't even know what I would do if that happened to me. My heart is just broken for his family and girlfriend.
I wrote Phillip a text message as soon as I could and told him what had happened and how I was lucky to have in my life. We don't know when our last breath will be on Earth so my prayer is to live everyday to the fullest and preach the word of God to everybody that I see. We don't know nor will we ever know why something like this happens to such good people, but one thing is for sure... we will all be together one day in Heaven to rejoice and sing! My prayers will continually go to the Sloan family! I pray that his family will stay strong and maybe just maybe one person will see their reaction and it will bring them to the Lord.
seriously teared up! we really never know when something awful like that will happen. i don't know how i would even feel if that happened to me.
ReplyDeleteYou have the kindest heart, Megan. I'm so glad to have gotten to know you a little better through all of this blogging!
ReplyDelete